How do I get the Child Tax Credit (CTC) in Puerto Rico?

If you want to claim the Child Tax Credit (CTC) you need to provide your information to the IRS, even if you don't usually have to file U.S. taxes with the IRS. Instructions on how to file Form 1040-PR to claim the credit are available from the Instituto del Desarrollo de la Juventud.

If you earn less than $75,000 single or $150,000 married, it is also likely that GetYourRefund will provide a simplified online form to claim the CTC, but this option will not be available until May.

How helpful was this answer?