Can I get tax credits from my state?

Many states have their own tax credits similar to the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit (CTC), and heat and rent rebates. As of this year 31 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and some municipalities have their own EITC. In order to claim these credits, you need to file a state or local return.

How helpful was this answer?